Not every operator wants to carry tons of gear into the back country
While many portable operators are content with carrying heavy bags of radio equipment, many of use who operate from remote back country areas and summits are always looking to reduce equipment weight and set up time.
Colored heat shrink
3mm x 12mm low profile socket screws (Ace Hardware, etc)
1. Download the 3D Mount Files and print out the mounts on a 3D printer.
2. Take your hiking pole and extend each section till it is fully extended. Mark each top section.
3. Using the arrow antenna boom as a template, mark three spots for the top, middle and bottom mount locations on your hiking pole with a Sharpie marker.
4. Attach your mounts, insert the 3mm bolts and carefully tighten till the mounts are snug.
5. Mark and cut each antenna element with the pipe cutter. Ream out the cut section with a step bit. Insert the arrow shaft inserts and add heat shrink bands to each side.
6. Cut 0.75″ off each threaded 8/32″ bolt so the elements will be flush when screwed together.
7. Assemble the antenna and test out with your radio.